Monday, December 20, 2010

Fat Tire

So, my blogging hasn't been as frequent as I would have liked recently, but this one definitely is worth it. I just brewed up a batch of Fat Tire Ale, one of my favorite beers available in the Midwest, yet disappointingly absent on the East Coast, particularly in backward Montgomery County. The lack of distribution of this beer highlights a problem I frequently encounter - the beer culture in the DC area just stinks. So, I have taken to homebrewing again to fulfill my thirst for great beer.

If you are not familiar with Fat Tire, check it out at the New Belgium brewery http://bit.ly/eOsvp5. Then, if it's not available in your area, head over to Northern Brewer http://bit.ly/g53lWm and order yourself this delicious extract kit. It is a fine replica of the original and was dead spot on two years ago when they offered the actual yeast strain directly from the New Belgium brewery. I can't wait to try this one.

Next up, I will be brewing for Spring time, specifically St. Patrick's Day. I just ordered an Irish Red Draught and a Breakfast Stout for our St. Patty's Day celebration.

Life is short. Drink good beer.

No comments: